IMTS Conference: How to Automate Dimensional Gauging on the Production Floor
This session will provide attendees with an overview of how to automate quality inspection and dimensional gauging with collaborative robots. We will provide some best practices for getting started with automation, particularly for small-medium manufacturers that have limited automation experience.
Learning objectives for this session include:
- Getting started with QC automation
- Best practices for implementing collaborative robots in a quality department
- Robot video demonstrations with automated gaging
- Automation with existing shop floor gauge
- Building a business case and return on investment for implementing automated inspection tools
- Industry trends in automation
New Scale Robotics makes do-it-yourself (DIY) automation tools for automated gaging. We are a manufacturer of robotic tools and a systems integrator that specializes in combining robotic part handling, measurements using calipers and other gages, and automated data logging.