Emily Probst is a senior editor for Modern Machine Shop (MMS). Along with managing production of the monthly print magazine sent to 95,000+ subscribers, she also writes for the brand’s print and digital audience. Recent topic coverage has included women in manufacturing, twin-spindle technology promoted at an industry open house event and machine shop maintenance.
She also manages MMS’s blog as well as its LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts.
Emily joined the Modern Machine Shop staff in the summer of 2006 as the editorial intern editing product releases for the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS).
Hired full-time in 2007 after graduating with a B.S.J. from Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, she edited product releases and columns until 2012, when she moved to writing and editing case studies for both print and online media channels. In 2016, she became Modern Machine Shop's managing editor.
In these roles, she has been fortunate enough to travel to Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Japan and across the United States visiting machine shops and OEMs while attending trade shows and other manufacturing industry events.
- Modern Machine Shop Roundtable: How to get your shop covered in Modern Machine Shop
- Monday, November 9 • 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Central
- Modern Machine Shop Roundtable: Lessons shops have learned in 2020
- Monday, December 7 • 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Central
- Modern Machine Shop Spotlight: Superfinishing
- Friday, December 18 • 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Central
- Modern Machine Shop Roundtable: How to get your shop covered in Modern Machine Shop - REPLAY
- Wednesday, December 23 • 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Central
- Modern Machine Shop Roundtable: Our Favorite Articles from the Past Year
- Monday, January 11 • 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Central
- Modern Machine Shop Roundtable: Technologies That Will Shape Machining in the Years Ahead
- Monday, February 8 • 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Central
- The Demo Days Warm-up Cycle: Robots, Automation & Inspection
- Wednesday, February 17 • 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Central